Chocolate Covered Cherry Bundt Cake is easy to make and looks and tastes delightful! It’s a rich and moist cake that’s great for any occasion. Who doesn’t love chocolate and cherry mixed in cake, candy or ice cream? My grandfather always used to buy a box of chocolate covered cherries for each of his grandchildren at Christmas, and chocolate cherry desserts always remind me of him and bring back happy Christmas memories from my youth. These yummy flavors aren’t just for holidays though since they’re great anytime!
Easy and delicious!
I like to mix the cherry pie filling into the batter until they are in small pieces, so they are deliciously scattered throughout the cake. Use Wilton’s Imitation Cherry Extract to make sure you get plenty of cherry flavoring in there, too. Just mix all of the ingredients until well blended, spray a bundt pan with some Baker’s Joy (I’ve found that if you use cake release with both oil and flour, your cake won’t ever stick) and bake for about an hour. So simple! Mix the frosting after the cake has cooled and drizzle over the cake then decorate with a few maraschino cherry halves and sprinkle with a tiny bit of confectioners sugar. Having a large, decadent dessert is easy!
Feed a crowd easily!
I find myself getting a small slice of this dense, moist cake and then thinking well, maybe one more little piece won’t hurt! So watch out, and try not to spend too much time alone with this yummy dessert!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup ginger ale or lemon lime soda
- 1 tsp. cherry extract (I used Watkins imitation cherry extract)
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2-4 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Maraschino cherries; optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place sugar, canola oil, eggs, flour, baking soda, ginger ale, cherry extract and cherry pie filling in a mixing bowl.
- Beat until cherries are in small chunks and batter is well blended.
- Pour into a large bundt pan that has been sprayed with Baker's Joy or other pan release that has both oil and flour.
- Bake approximately 65 minutes.
- Place on cooling rack.
- Remove cake from pan and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl blend together the confectioners sugar, milk, vanilla and cocoa powder until smooth. Add milk a tablespoon at a time until you get the desired consistency.
- Drizzle over the cake.
- Decorate with a few maraschino cherry halves if desired.
- Sprinkle with a bit of confectioners sugar if desired.
Check out these yummy recipes: