Easy Shrimp Dip is bursting with fresh flavors and textures. Whether it’s served with tortilla chips, filling for tacos or on its own, it’s always a hit! I’ll confess . . . I love shrimp, and I have been known to embarrass my family and myself by eating way too many shrimp on a buffet in North Carolina a time or two! I’ve tried to place the plate with a heaping pile of shrimp shells on it in the middle of the table for the waiter to remove hoping that he will think it was the entire family contributing to the enormous pile, but truth be known, it was me…all me! So, keeping that in mind when I say that this recipe can easily be doubled, I’m thinking a pound for me and a pound for everyone else!
You won’t want to stop eating this yummy stuff!
The flavors here just seem to mingle together perfectly, and I love to serve this with tortilla chips, or make shrimp tacos out of it, or even just place a bowl of it on the dinner table because it tastes great with just about everything! You can add some ripe avocado or a touch of finely chopped onion, and you guessed it, it still tastes great.
Easy Shrimp dip is bursting with flavor!
It’s fresh, it’s flavorful and has just enough heat from the jalapeno to tantalize the tastebuds!
- 1 lb medium shrimp; cooked, peeled and deveined.*see notes below
- 2 Tablespoons Kraft Zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1 lime; juiced
- 2 medium tomatoes; diced
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers; diced
- 1-2 tsp Kosher salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro; chopped
- 1 avocado; diced; optional
- 1/4 cup onion; finely diced; optional
- Cut the shrimp into small chunks (I like to cut a medium shrimp into 3-4 pieces)
- Place in a medium bowl.
- Add tomatoes, jalapeño, avocado and onion.
- Add salad dressing, lime juice and Kosher salt.
- Gently stir to combine.
- Cover and chill.
- Serve with tortillas chips or as taco filling. I sometimes serve this alone at my tea parties and it makes a refreshing addition!
- You may easily double or triple this recipe!
If you enjoyed this, check out these yummy appetizers: