“Almost homemade” makes this delicious meatless lasagna, so simple to make. Lots of eggplant, mushrooms, and zucchini along with loads of cheese. YUM! Eggplant is one of my favorites, and yes, I know that’s probably a bit weird! Some yummy eggplant recipe is on the menu at my house almost weekly. What a great way to get those delicious vegetarian meals into your diet, too!
Marinara sauce, alfredo sauce, lots of cheese and fresh ingredients!
Fresh ingredients, loads of yummy cheese and bottled marinara and alfredo sauces are so easy to throw together for a restaurant worthy meal. I like to serve this yummy lasagna with marinated tomatoes and rustic bread. Yummy and Cheesy Eggplant Lasagna will feed a crowd because it makes nine to twelve servings (depending on how you slice it) and if you’re not feeding a bunch it makes wonderful left overs! Just reheat in the microwave, and you have a delicious meal all over again! Or, if you prefer this makes a great freezer meal, so make two lasagnas and bake one and pop the other into the freezer for later. Make sure to thaw it overnight in the fridge before cooking and expect cooking time to increase some.
It freezes well, too!
A little olive oil and balsamic vinegar intensify the yummy taste of the eggplant and peppers. I love to have a little bit of charred flavor on the veggies since it makes this delicious dish come together with delightful flavors!
Gooey, cheesy goodness!
- 1 small eggplant; sliced 1/4 inch thick (I use a small eggplant so I can leave the skin on)
- 1 large bell pepper (any color); cut into 1/2" dice
- 2 cups mushrooms; sliced
- 1 small zucchini; grated
- 2 cloves garlic; crushed
- 1 24 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 1 15 oz. jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 lb. container ricotta cheese
- Ready to bake lasagna noodles
- 1 egg
- 1 cup parsley; chopped
- 4 cups Mozzarella cheese: shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese; Shredded
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- When it's hot, add the peppers, pour in 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar.
- Cover and cook about 5 minutes, add garlic and cook another minute.
- Remove the peppers from skillet.
- Pour in another 4 tablespoons olive oil and add the eggplant.
- Add 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar.
- Cook covered about 5-7 minutes or until just softened (if you feel the eggplant needs a bit of moisture to cook add 1-2 tablespoons water) *it's okay if the veggies are a it charred, I think it just adds to the flavor!
- Remove from skillet.
- Spray cooking spray in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan and pour a little of the prepared marinara sauce over the bottom of the pan.
- Combine ricotta, egg, parsley and pepper.
- Begin with a layer of lasagna noodles, then top with the ricotta mixture; spreading fairly evenly.
- Next, layer on 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese.
- Add eggplant, peppers and half the zucchini.
- Pour marinara sauce over this.
- Add another layer of noodles.
- Top this with the sliced mushrooms and remaining zucchini.
- Pour the Alfredo sauce over the top and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil (I always spray mine with cooking spray so it won't stick to the cheese)
- Cook 35-45 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook another 10-15 minutes until the center is hot and it's beginning to brown a bit.
- Let cool about 10 minutes before serving.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like: