Tiny Enchanted Forest Parfaits are not only fanciful and delicious but are so easy, too! Perfect for a tea party or any event where you need a mini dessert. These were served at my whimsical and fun Enchanted Fairy Tea Party https://www.thevintagekitchenchef.com/enchanted-fairy-tea-party/
Lovely Enchanted Forest Parfaits
Be sure to top with the optional whipped topping just before serving and give them a quick sprinkle if you desire to ensure they look their best for the party. I had Black Forest Cake in mind when I decided to add these parfaits to my tea party menu, but decided to give it a little different twist by creating Enchanted Fairy Parfaits with simple white cake and vanilla pudding. I love all things fairy garden so creating this magical tea party was particularly fun for me.
Perfect for your party!
It’s official! I love tea parties! There are just so many fun ways to host a tea party. Creating delightful tea party foods is fun. I purchased these cute and inexpensive parfaits cups at a dollar store. They have many different sizes and shapes, and I try to add them to almost all of my events where I need mini desserts. There are always so many tasty treats at a tea party that little desserts make the perfect addition. These are so simple since they’re made with a cake mix, instant pudding, and pie filling/topping!
Easy, easy, easy!
- Mini dessert cups; any kind you like (I bought mine at a Dollar Store!)
- 1 white cake mix (any name brand will work well)
- vegetable oil
- 1 3.4 oz. pkg. vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 3-5 drops green food coloring
- 1 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
- 1 can whipped topping (I used Redi Whip Extra Creamy); optional
- Sprinkles; optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on the package.* See notes.
- When cake is cool, I take it out of the pan and cut it into 1" x 1" cubes.
- Combine the cold milk and pudding mix according to package directions.
- Begin by placing cake cubes in containers and continue to layer pudding, cherries and cake; making sure you end with a layer of cherries.
- Just before serving spray on whipped topping and sprinkles.
- *I like to divide the batter into thirds and make a two layer mini cake or cup cakes for my event and bake the batter for my parfaits in an 8" x 8" pan.
If you love tea party food, try: