Fiery Pulled Chicken Tacos are full of heat and flavor! They’re easy, delicious and are a great way to spice up your family dinner or feed a crowd. These are so easy to prepare on your grill or in your slow cooker. Be sure to cook them until they shred incredibly easy. They’re packed with flavor!
Not just for Taco Tuesday!
Of course Fiery Pulled Chicken Tacos will make a fun and fabulous Taco Tuesday meal, but seriously, who doesn’t love tacos no matter what the day is? I just love hot, spicy food made with fresh ingredients! Just looking at these will make your mouth water! It’s easy to adjust the amounts of yummy chicken and salsa, and Fiery Chicken Tacos are perfect for a party! Make additional salsa and serve with crisp corn tortilla chips! When friends and family get together, we enjoy having several types of street tacos, chips and salsa and a delicious Street Corn Salad. Yum!
So yummy and fresh!
Serve these buffet style and let everyone assemble their own and then just sit back, I love to sit back and relax and sip on some refreshing limeade, but a margarita would probably go great with these yummy tacos.
Fresh, easy and fabulous!
- 2-3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup Margarita mix (I used Daily's frozen margarita because it comes in a small pouch and I can freeze leftovers to use the next time but any margarita mix will work great)
- 2 limes; juiced
- 2 tsp. garlic; minced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 Tablespoon chile powder (or if you like to kick up the heat a notch try 1/4-1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- Pineapple; cut into small dice
- Cilantro; chopped
- Jalapeño pepper; very fine dice (use as many as your heat level allows)
- Onion (optional); fine dice
- 1 lime; juiced
- Kosher salt to taste
- Hot sauce (your favorite brand if you like more fire!)
- Cojita cheese; optional
- Corn and/or flour tortillas (I like to use street taco size)
- Pre heat grill to medium heat (I cooked mine on the grill in a foil pan because I didn't want to heat up the kitchen, but you can always use the oven or your slow cooker) * see slow cooker method below in notes.
- Place checking thighs in foil pan.
- combine margarita mix, garlic, oregano, chile powder and Kosher salt and pour over chicken.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Place on grill.
- Cook on medium for a bout 10 minutes and reduce to low and let them simmer until they are cooked through and easily shredded. (I cooked mine about 45-60 minutes.)
- Remove from heat; cool enough so that you can shred the chicken.
- Keep warm.
- Use your desired amount of pineapple, cilantro, jalapeño, onion then juice a lime over it and add a sprinkle of Kosher salt.
- Top your tortillas with yummy pulled chicken, then add a layer of Pineapple Salsa and top off with hot sauce and cojita cheese.
- *If you prefer to use your slow cooker, just place all pulled chicken ingredients together and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Cooking times may vary!
Leave a Reply