I’m absolutely in love with this smooth, creamy Lemon Berry Panna Cotta! It’s best made in advance which makes this a great make-ahead dessert. Be sure to plan for it to be refrigerated for at least six hours before you plan to serve it. You only need simple basic ingredients to put this together, and no one will ever guess just how simple it was! However, you’ll most likely end up giving your secret away because I always get requests for the recipe!
What is panna cotta?
Panna Cotta is a creamy, flavorful Italian dessert. This simple recipe will help you achieve the perfect elegant but easy ending to any meal. Make this in any fun containers you have and if you love chocolate, feel free to drizzle a little chocolate sauce over the berries. It’s oh so yummy and so versatile!
Our first taste of panna cotta was years ago at an Italian restaurant, and we were hooked immediately. I couldn’t make a quick search on my phone then and find a recipe, but I persevered and finally tracked one down. The rest is history in our family, and I’ve been making it every since. The sweet, creamy flavor and texture of the cream is a perfect way to top off a meal. You’ll pine for seconds! I like to make a few dipped strawberries to go along with the panna cotta simply because it makes a gorgeous presentation.
Elegant and creamy Lemon Berry Panna Cotta
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 packet unflavored powdered gelatin (Knox)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Strawberries and/or any type of berries you like
- Place the milk in a small bowl and sprinkle with unflavored gelatin
- Let stand for 5 minutes to soften the gelatin
- Pour milk mixture into a heavy saucepan and stir over medium heat just until the gelatin dissolves but the milk doesn't boil
- Add the cream, honey, sugar, and salt
- Stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves, about 5-7 minutes
- Remove from heat
- Stir in lemon extract and lemon zest
- Pour 1/2 cup into wine glasses
- Cool slightly
- Cover with press and seal and refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours
- Spoon berries atop the pan cotta and serve
- You may use any time of container for these...it even looks nice in plastic cups!
You might also enjoy: