Peach Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Icing goes together in minutes. The results are wonderful when a little over an hour later you take a large, aromatic cake out of the oven. This really is one of those cakes that you just keep going back for one more little sliver of! It’s one of my go-to recipes that I have the ingredients on hand for all the time.
Yum, oh yum!
One of my favorite cakes!
My mom used to make this when I was a teenager. I think she ate it at a bridal shower, requested the recipe and it quickly became one of our family favorites. That was back when our appliances were all harvest gold with accents of orange and avocado green on all of the decor! I loved Peach Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Icing then and I still do now. Can you believe I still bake it in the bundt pan that my mom used to use? Baking this cake really is one of our family traditions!
It’s made from very simple ingredients…eggs, flour, sugar, cooking oil…all things that are easy to keep handy in your pantry.
It goes together in minutes with very little cleanup time!
M0ist, dense and delicious!
My actual recipe card for this has been in a recipe box I pull out of my cabinet often. It’s full of recipes I’ve been collecting for years…lots of years! It’s yellowed with age and has had more than a couple of spills on it, but that’s just part of what I love about it!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 29 oz. can peaches
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2-4 Tablespoons milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place sugar, canola oil, eggs, flour, baking soda and canned peaches in a mixing bowl.
- Beat until peaches are in small chunks and batter is well blended.
- Pour into a large bundt pan that has been sprayed with Baker's Joy or other pan release that has both oil and flour.
- Bake approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Place on cooling rack.
- Remove from pan after 15 minutes.
- continue to cool on rack before icing.
- In a small bowl blend together the confectioners sugar, milk, vanilla and cinnamon until smooth. Add milk a tablespoon at a time until you get the desired consistency.
- Drizzle over the cake.
Leave a Reply