Not only is Pork Tenderloin with Berry Basil Sauce deliciously flavorful, but it’s so easy that you’ll have it on the table in practically no time! The sauce is made with seedless strawberry preserves, fresh or frozen blueberries, and balsamic vinegar. It is packed with flavor!
A simple blend of spices makes a quick and tasty rub
Pork Tenderloin with Berry Basil Sauce is made with a delicious blend of Italian spices because I rub the pork with oregano, basil, garlic powder, Kosher salt and ground pepper. I have an abundant supply of rosemary growing in my yard year round, so I love to snip some and add to the simmering berry sauce. You’ll want to lick the spoon when it’s clean-up time with this sauce because it is utterly scrumptious!
Brown the meat and pop it in the oven in your cast iron skillet!
Use a cast iron skillet (or dutch oven) and brown the pork for a few minutes to produce a lovely crust and juicy meat.
Quick and easy!
Yummy pork tenderloin cooks in a 400-degree oven in about 15 minutes! How quick and easy is that? Be sure to use a meat thermometer and cook until it reads 145 degrees. It will continue to cook a bit even after being removed from the oven. Let the meat rest about 5 minutes and slice. Keep it warm and serve with warm Berry Basil Sauce. So wonderfully delicious!
Pork Tenderloin with Berry Basil Sauce is both pleasing to the eye and a delight to the tastebuds!
What a lovely meal that will make everyone think you spent plenty of time in the kitchen when in reality this dish only takes about 30 minutes from start time to the table. Pork Tenderloin with Berry Basil Sauce is divine served with Wild Rice Salad which I prepare a day ahead.
I love side dishes!
It also tastes great with roasted or mashed potatoes and glazed carrots. Making side dishes for my meals is one of my favorite things, and my family sometimes call me “the queen of sides” a title I’ll gladly claim since a tasty entree like this deserves to be accompanied by a delicious dish or two or maybe three…
Pork Tenderloin with Berry Basil Sauce is ready in 30 minutes!
- 1 1 1/2 - 2 lb. pork tenderloin
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. fresh or dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 cup strawberry preserves (seedless)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons water
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat add the strawberry preserves, blueberries, balsamic vinegar, and rosemary.
- Bring to a gentle boil and lower heat.
- Continue to gentle cook until the berries are soft, then add the water and cornstarch.
- It will thicken quickly.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim tenderloin of fat and any silver skin and then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Rub the tenderloin with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Combine oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper and then with your hands rub spice mix into the tenderloin until evenly coated.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in an oven safe pan over medium-high heat (I use a cast iron skillet)
- When the oil is hot, add the pork and brown nicely on all sides (5-7 minutes)
- Place uncovered in the oven.
- Bake for 7 minutes, and pour about 1/4 cup of the Berry Basil Sauce over the tenderloin to glaze.
- Bake an additional 6-8 minutes until a meat thermometer reads at least 150 degrees.
- Don't over bake as this will dry out the pork and you'll lose that justice, moist flavor!
- Transfer to a cutting board and allow the meat to rest about 5 minutes.
- Scrape the pan and add the pan juices to the warm sauce. YUM!
- Slice and serve with warm sauce.