Smoky Black and Blue Salad combines luscious berries, grilled chicken, smoked almonds, and smoky bacon to get salad perfection! Oh, and don’t forget that yummy blue cheese! You will love the mix of smoky almonds and bacon with fresh berries. It’s a salad you will definitely want to make time and time again.
There’s just something about the slightly sweet berries, the pungent blue cheese and the smoky flavor of the bacon and almonds that make this salad a delight in every bite! I like to grill extra chicken thighs (or breasts) so that I can put together a tasty salad like this in very little time. We love to sit down to a cool, yummy salad at the end of a hot summer day and watch a beautiful New Mexico sunset in our outdoor kitchen. Life is good!
Cool, crisp and delish!
Normally there’s nothing good about black and blue but Smoky Balck and Blue Salad can change all of that! Doesn’t it just look so inviting? I love it! It tastes every bit as good as it looks, too! I’m envious of those that live where fresh berries are readily available, but even these from the grocery store are still scrumptious. Yum, yum, yum!
Looks great and tastes even better!
- Greens/lettuce (I chose to mix some iceberg lettuce in with my mixed greens for some added crunch)
- 1 cup grilled chicken thigh or breast; diced
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2-4 Tablespoons blue cheese
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crisp and cut into 1-2" pieces
- 1/4 Hickory smoked almonds
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Place greens and lettuce in two bowls.
- Divide all ingredients in half.
- Begin by adding chicken to top of greens, then add both types of berries, blue cheese, almonds and bacon.
- Serve with balsamic vinaigrette.