These are to die for and incredibly delicious with the yummy flavors of s’mores baked into light, fluffy scones! One just may not be enough! Can I use the word magical to describe scones? I hope so because these are truly magical and make a great addition to any tea party, snack or breakfast! You don’t even need an occasion to make these yummy scones. Anytime is a great time for delicious food, right?
S’mores Scones were on the menu for the Haunted Mansion Inspired Tea Party I did with Printable Crush, and they were a huge hit! They aren’t just for Halloween though. After all, I can find an excuse to eat smores any time of year! The dough has just the right amount of chocolate and yummy graham cracker crumbs in there that you get all of the flavors! Top it off with some toasted mini marshmallows and a bit of chocolate sauce, and it’s sheer perfection! Sit back and enjoy!
You may want to make a double batch because it’s not easy to eat just one of these tasty treats!
People are sometimes under the impression that scones are flavorless and dry, trust me, these are anything but! They are light, fluffy and tender.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (plus a bit more for sprinkling)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Tablespoons cold butter
- 1 1/4 heavy cream
- 1-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 4 Tablespoons milk or cream (may need a little more or a bit less according to the consistency you desire)
- 2 tsp cocoa
- Combine all purpose flour, cake flour, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar and cocoa in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resemble course crumbs.
- Add one cup of the cream to form a dough.
- Add additional cream if needed; one tablespoon at a time.
- Mix gently with your hands until dough forms. (Don't over mix!)
- Shape the dough into a 6-7 inch disk.
- Cut into eight equal pieces.
- Liberally spray your scone pan with cooking spray or if you don't have a scone pan a baking sheet lined with parchment paper will do just fine.
- Place each scone into a section of your pan or if using a baking sheet place the scones back into the disk shape on the parchment paper.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle a few mini marshmallows over the top and bake for a few more minutes until they begin to puff up and look a bit toasty!
- Allow to cool and remove from pan. It's important to allow them to cool so they won't break during removal.
- Combine the confectioners sugar, milk or cream and cocoa in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over scones.
- Sprinkle a few graham cracker crumbs over the top of each scone.
You might also enjoy these tasty treats: