Vampire Bite Cookies are a great Halloween treat for little vampires (and big ones, too!) They are incredibly easy and fun to make. So, I have always loved . . . Well, maybe love isn’t exactly the right word, but let’s say I’ve always had a fascination with vampires! Weird and scary, I know! I munched on popcorn through the gory scenes of Interview with a Vampire in the 90’s, then was thrilled when the Twilight Series came on the scene and yes, I’m a Vampire Diaries addict as well! Naturally when Halloween comes around vampires are hands down my very favorite creature of the night! Halloween treats must include something vampire related, so here are my favorite treats . . .
I used prepared sugar cookie dough, cookie icing and everything easy when making these cookies. That makes them a cinch to put together and a treat that is fun for the kids to help with, too. I used a food safe marker to draw the fangs on because let’s just say my artistic abilities are limited. Then I filled them in with black icing and a toothpick. Simple and easy! The bite marks were just dots of icing that was a tiny bit smeared by toothpicks. My grandkids were little helpers and enjoyed gobbling up these tasty Vampire Bite Cookies.
A quick, easy and scary treat!
Vampire Bite Cookies
Don’t worry about perfection, just have fun making these yummy cookies! You’ll still have plenty of time left over to do all of your other fun Halloween activities, too! Happy Halloween and remember to
Watch out for vampires!
- 1 16.5 oz tube sugar cookie dough (or your own sugar cookie recipe)
- 1 9 oz bottle white Cookie Icing (I used Wilton)
- 1 bottle black cookie icing (I used Wilton); optional * see notes
- Food Writer edible markers; optional **
- red/black food coloring
- Form cookie dough into 1" round balls
- Bake according to package directions.
- Allow to cool.
- Ice the cookies according to the directions on the bottle.
- Draw the fangs on cookies if using markers--I found it easier to do it that way and then I used a toothpick fill in the fangs. It was fun and easy!
- Use the red for coloring to mix with a little bit of white icing in a small bowl and make bloody fang marks on your cookies.
- *You can also just use the white cookie icing and mix black food coloring in some to make the fangs!
- **I used the black marker to draw the fangs on, but markers aren't necessary. It just made it easier for me to fill them in. ; )
If you liked this, check out this Halloween Treat:
Leave a Reply