Wild Rice Salad is a delicious blend of savory flavors mixed with a crunchy, nutty texture. It’s utterly refreshing, and I always get requests for the recipe when I serve it. Can you believe this is as gorgeous as it tastes, too? You’ll love that it’s so versatile. Serve it alongside chicken, fish or pork because it goes so well with everything!
Wild Rice Salad is so refreshing!
Make it a day ahead
Make this a day ahead and let the rice and dressing mixture mingle before serving. The dressing is made of olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic, lemon peel, Dijon mustard, basil, and salt and is subtle yet pops with flavor! I love the taste and texture of wild rice, and it becomes total perfection when it’s mixed with long grain white rice or brown rice. If it’s not all gobbled up any leftovers will continue to soak up the flavors, and you can enjoy it the next day. Just a warning I have found that I rarely have any for later!
A subtle mix of delightful flavors and crunch
Fresh herbs, veggies, and nuts add flavor and texture. Mix in cucumbers, fresh parsley, green onions, and toasted pecans, and Wild Rice Salad pops with flavor and texture. Delicious from the first bite to the last and the taste and the presentation are both perfect!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove; minced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice or two cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup seeded cucumber; diced with peel on
- 1/3 cup green onion; sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh minced parsley
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans; toasted
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic, mustard, basil and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the white and wild rice and add the dressing. Toss, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Add the cucumbers, green onion, parsley and pepper; mix well.
- Fold in pecans just before serving.