Yummy Guacamole Tostadas are not only healthy, fresh and delicious but they are also incredibly easy to make! They make a great vegetarian and gluten free meal. These are perfect for a quick weeknight meal or a fast lunch. You can always layer on some sour cream and shredded mild cheddar, too!
Healthy and delicious!
I live in New Mexico where there is always an abundant supply of tortillas, fresh cilantro, jalapenos, and Hatch chile but even if you don’t the tostada shells can be purchased at most grocery stores and are generally located int he section with the tortillas. You can also prepare your own with very little mess or effort. Just preheat your oven to 400 degrees and place your corn tortillas on a baking sheet after you have lightly brushed them olive oil and sprinkled with a little salt. Bake four to six minutes on each side or until they are crispy. I love to serve my Best Ever Roasted Salsa with these yummy tostadas, but if you don’t have time for homemade salsa, they taste great with a bottle of store bought, too. Check out the recipe for some of the most flavorful salsa here https://www.thevintagekitchenchef.com/best-roasted-salsa/
You can just see the freshness you’ll have by looking at these tostadas! I love when I can throw together a quick meal that is easier, faster and healthier instead of running through a drive through for dinner or lunch! I love Mexican food, and this is one of my favorite meals.
So full of YUM!
- 4-5 ripe avocados
- 1 lime; squeezed
- Kosher salt to taste
- garlic powder; just a sprinkle (optional)
- Iceberg lettuce; shredded
- tomatoes; small dice
- 10-12 store bought tostada shells* (I used Mission brand, but they are all good and generally located in the tortilla section of the store)
- Salsa (see post for link to Best Ever Roasted Salsa) or store bought salsa
- Sour cream (optional)
- Shredded mild cheddar cheese (optional)
- Use a for to gently smash the avocados (I like to leave mine with some texture so they are chunky.)
- Add garlic powder, Kosher salt and lime juice. (amounts vary according to size of avocados and your personal preference.)
- Spread a generous amount of guacamole on each shell.
- If you are using the optional sour cream and/or shredded cheddar cheese layer this on next.
- Layer on shredded lettuce, then diced tomatoes.
- *If you choose to make homemade shells simply preheat the oven to 400 degrees. then brush both sides of a corn tortilla with a little olive oil and a spinal of salt (optional) and place on a baking sheet. Bake about 4-6 minutes per side or until crispy!
If you enjoyed this, check out these delicious recipes: