Gingersnap crust makes all the difference with this no-bake dessert. Layers of pumpkin spice cheesecake, pudding and whipped topping on a gingersnap crust. Pumpkin Gingersnap Dessert is a creamy, decadent treat that is so easy to put together you’ll love it! I call this a dessert, but it could be called a pumpkin lush because it fits the description perfectly. I looked it up, and synonyms of lush are words like luscious, lavish, rich and sumptuous…so you get the picture, this is a delicious dessert! The real gamechanger here is the gingerbread flavor combined with pumpkin spice!
Prepare the gingersnaps by placing them in a small plastic bag and gently crushing them with a rolling pin. Is there such a thing as gently crushing? Maybe not, but just leave them a bit chunky rather than pulverizing them. The crunchy texture is great. A layer of pumpkin cheesecake goes on top of the gingersnap crust that’s followed by a layer of creamy pudding and whipped topping. Crush a few gingersnaps to go on the top, and you’re all done. Be sure to allow time for this to sit in a fridge for a few hours, so that is will set up nicely and be easy to serve. You will have people coming back for seconds of this fabulous dessert!
Great textures and flavors!
If you love the flavors of fall, this will be a one you’ll want to make over and over again. All of the ingredients are readily available year round, so who’s to say you can’t make this anytime you want? Afterall, sometimes you just need pumpkin spice, right?
Perfect for fall and Thanksgiving!
- 2 8 oz. cream cheese;softened
- 1 15 can pumpkin
- 2 3.4 oz. instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups milk
- 1 8 oz. container whipped topping
- 2 1/2 cups crushed gingersnap plus a few additional gingersnaps for top of your dessert
- 4 Tablespoons butter; melted
- Add melted butter to crushed gingersnaps and press into a 9 x 13 pan.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add one box of the vanilla pudding, confectioners sugar, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice and blend until smooth.
- Layer this on top of the gingerbread crust.
- Whisk together the milk and remaining box of pudding for two minutes until it thickens.
- Stir in whipped topping.
- Spread on top of pumpkin cheesecake layer.
- Top with crushed gingersnaps.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
For more delicious recipes, check out: