Launch the new school year with a simple, fun Back to School Tea Party! It’s a fantastic way to do something a bit out of the ordinary for the end of summer. Our back to schoolers thoroughly enjoyed sampling some delectable tea party food! We began with some light, and fluffy scones served with jam and homemade apricot butter and moved on to some delightful tea sandwiches. Fruity Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches were a huge hit, and the recipe is included in this post! We enjoyed some crab salad sandwiches, too. When planning your Back to School Tea Party be sure to include treats that you know your party goers will love. Tiny PB & J sandwiches are even a treat when served at a party!
Make it easy and fun!
Our Back to School Tea Party was an easy party to put together. I dipped some strawberries and blackberries and purchased some macaroons and shortbread cookies, and we also had a mini cake. I like to keep two pots of tea on the table with different types of herbal tea. It’s fun to choose a variety of teas and serve them with cream and sugar cubes. Our party crowd loved the sugar cubes! Sparkling cider makes a nice addition to any tea party as well. Use your imagination when you are putting your tea party menu together…it’s fun! All of your enticing treats will come together to make a lovely party!
Relax and enjoy!
Summer just always seems to fly by, and it’s nice to slow down for a bit and enjoy some delicious food and relax a bit while sipping some tea. I know at our house life can get so hectic that sometimes we forget to slow down the pace and enjoy the finer things. Tea parties are such a fun way to spend time together.
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries are yummy!
Chocolate Covered Strawberries are so simple but look very elegant. They’re on the menu for many of my tea parties, and for this particular party I had some left over raspberries in the fridge and dipped those too. More deliciousness!
Here’s how to dip strawberries:
- Remember when dipping strawberries always to wash them a bit ahead and let them dry well. Place them on a double thickness of paper towel and then right before dipping I move them to another paper towel and gently dry them. The berries must be completely dry!
- Place 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate or white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Add two teaspoons shortening. Note: This amount makes approximately enough to cover 15 strawberries or 1 quart
- Microwave at medium power for 30-second intervals; stirring in between until the chocolate is smooth. DO NOT over cook because there is no turning back…I learned this the hard way and had to throw them out and begin again when I first attempted dipping strawberries!
- Dip fruit by gently holding onto the stem/leaves.
- Place strawberries on a waxed paper lined baking sheet.
- Optional: To make them look even more delectable just add a few sprinkles to them immediately after they’ve been dipped or use a fun color of candy melts and drizzle it over them.
- Place uncovered in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced cooked chicken
- 1 small can mandarin oranges; diced very small
- 2-3 strawberries; diced very small
- 1/2 apple; leave peel on and dice very small
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use the type made with olive oil)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine chicken, apples, salt and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise to combine.
- Gently stir in oranges and strawberries.
For more tea party fun, check out: