Margarita Chicken Salad is cool, crisp and fresh. Chicken breasts are marinated in margarita mix, garlic, and olive oil and then grilled, sliced or diced (whichever you prefer) and sprinkled liberally with Kosher salt. It’s so, so yummy!
What a superb presentation, too!
Full of fresh and flavorful ingredients…
You begin with a bed of greens. I chose a spring mix for this one, but it also tastes great on a bed of crunchy romaine. Prepare Pico de Gallo by dicing a juicy tomato, some freshly chopped cilantro, and a fresh jalapeno or two. If you want to avoid too much heat, you can use diced bell pepper, and it still tastes awesome! Add a tablespoon or two of Italian dressing (I like Kraft Zesty Italian for this) to the diced tomato mixture. Spoon some across your salad. Zesty Pico de Gallo is so tasty that you might want to make a little extra just to enjoy with some tortilla chips! Mash a ripe avocado and squeeze a little lime juice in it and some Kosher salt and a sprinkle of garlic powder, blend it together and add some to your salad. Serve with a lime wedge because it’s delightful to squeeze a little over the prepared salad and add a few corn tortilla chips to enjoy with some of that yummy guacamole.
Margarita Chicken Salad will be one of your favorites!
For two salads, I take the juice of one large lime and add an equal amount of olive or avocado oil, 1-2 teaspoons of white sugar, one tablespoon of white wine vinegar and a little salt. It’s tangy and a little sweet and perfect with the Margarita Chicken Salad. I promise your taste buds will be overjoyed with each bite of this healthy salad!
What a healthy and yummy salad!
- 1 whole boneless, skinless chicken breast *see notes for how to prepare moist grilled chicken breast
- 1/2 cup margarita mix (I used Daily's frozen margarita because it comes in a small pouch and I can freeze leftovers to use the next time but any margarita mix will work great)
- 2 cloves garlic; crushed
- salad greens
- 1-2 ripe tomatoes
- 1-2 Tablespoons Kraft Zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2-3 large limes
- garlic salt; just a sprinkle
- Kosher salt
- 1-2 tsp. white sugar
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Combine the margarita mix and 1 clove crushed garlic, save remaining clove for the Pico de Gallo.
- Marinade chicken breast for about 2 hours.
- Grill chicken breast.
- Allow chicken to cool and slice or dice.
- Sprinkle liberally with Kosher salt!
- Small dice tomatoes.
- Add chopped cilantro and minced garlic.
- Gently combine with 2 tablespoons Zesty Italian dressing.
- Mash the avocado
- Add a dash of garlic powder.
- Squeeze a little lime juice and Kosher salt in and mix well.
- Put desired type and amount of greens or lettuce in bowls.
- Layer on grilled chicken, Pico de Gallo and guacamole.
- Top with a wedge of lime and tortilla chips if desired.
- Juice 1-2 limes; measure or eyeball the amount of lime juice.
- Add an equal amount of olive or avocado oil.
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar.
- 1-2 tsp. white sugar (or to taste.)
- Add a dash of Kosher salt.
- Whisk together and serve over salad.
- *There’s a secret to moist, flavorful grilled chicken breast…I trim the breast and place it on a cutting board between two pieces of plastic wrap and gently pound it with the smooth edge of a meat mallet. Pound just enough so that the thickness of the is fairly even. The chicken will be tender, and it won’t dry out as easily because you have an even thickness
If you enjoyed this, you might also like to try:
Leave a Reply