Easy Raspberry Dream Mini Parfaits begin with bites of chocolate cake mingled with creamy Italian custard, fresh raspberries and a touch of chocolate syrup. These mini parfaits may be tiny, but they are very decadent and make a stunning addition to your tea party! You won’t believe how easy the Italian custard (panna cotta) is to make just be sure you allow time for it to set up nicely before your event.
Smooth, elegant and decadent!
It’s no secret I LOVE tea parties, and these will impress your tea party guests, but they also make a great addition to any party or just a little sweet treat to end a dinner! If raspberries aren’t available, blueberries also look very lovely in your parfaits. These cute little plastic parfait cups were an inexpensive dollar store purchase and if you’re like me you can wash them and use them again or toss them in the recycle bin and buy more next time!
I like to divide the cake batter into thirds and bake a mini cake along with making the cake cubes for the parfaits. See the cute little cake I made for my tea party at https://www.thevintagekitchenchef.com/how-to-host-an-afternoon-tea-party/
You don’t have to be a cake decorating whiz to create a cute mini cake. Beautiful cakes are not where my talents lie, but I enjoy creating a fun mini cake for most of my tea parties! With these gorgeous Raspberry Dream Parfaits on the table, no one seems to notice my lack of cake decorating skills!
- 1 chocolate cake mix (any name brand will work well)
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream or half and half
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- Kosher salt; just a pinch
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- Chocolate to drizzle (I just used Hershey Syrup!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on the package.* See notes.
- When cake is cool, I take it out of the pan and cut it into 1" x 1" cubes.
- Place the milk in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over it.
- Allow mixture to stand 3-4 minutes to soften the gelatin.
- Pour the milk/gelatin mixture into a heavy saucepan and stir over medium heat just until the gelatin dissolves but milk doesn't boil. This will only take a few minutes.
- Add the cream, honey, sugar, raspberry jam and salt. Stir constantly 5-7 minutes until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Place cubes of cake into your parfait cups, top with custard.
- I like to put Press and Seal over the top of my parfaits to refrigerate because it keeps the custard smooth without letting a film form on top of it.
- Refrigerate until set (at least 6 hours, overnight is great!)
- Just before serving add a few raspberries to the top and drizzle with chocolate syrup!
- *I like to divide the batter into thirds and make a two layer mini cake for my event and bake the batter for my parfaits in an 8" x 8" pan.
For more tea party treats check out:
Lemony Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
Leave a Reply