Hearty Steakhouse Salad is a real meat and potatoes meal! This yummy salad has all the flavors of your favorite steakhouse dinner. Begin by making a delicious marinade of Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, garlic, lime, olive oil, and a touch of thyme. Marinate this overnight if possible because it really soaks up all that flavor and is delish when it’s done! Nothing like a juicy, flavorful steak to tantalize the taste buds!
Delicious steakhouse flavor!
Who doesn’t love potatoes with steak? What a breeze it is to make a foil packet and cook the potatoes right on the grill. They’ll cook longer than your steak so be sure to start grilling them first! It’s fun and flavorful to use the mixed package of fingerling potatoes, just slice them fairly thin (about 1/4 inch), add some peppers, parsley, olive oil and butter, and a little seasoning, and they make the perfect accompaniment to your steak. Be sure to fold your foil so that it’s secure because we don’t want any of the juices slipping away!
Yummy potatoes and peppers grilled in foil!
Potatoes grilled in foil don’t just make a great Steakhouse Salad topping, but they taste fantastic as a side to dish for almost any meal! So easy and so little mess! During the summer we enjoy potatoes this way at least once a week.
Now that’s my kind of salad!
- 1-1 1/2 lb. flat iron steak
- Mixed greens
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes; cut in half (you can of course use two medium tomatoes cut into wedges)
- 1/2 cup blue cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- Salad dressing of your choice. (I like a flavorful balsamic mix or blue cheese dressing...or a combination of the two mixed together!)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lime; juiced
- 2 garlic cloves; minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 cups fingerling potatoes (I use the assorted package with several types of tiny potatoes); cut into 1/4 inch rings
- 1 large red bell pepper; cut into strips
- 2-3 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup parsley (1/8 cup if using dried)
- Kosher salt
- Place your greens in 4 individual bowls.
- Have your tomatoes and cheese ready to top your salads with.
- I love to cook these in a foil packet on the grill.
- Combine all the ingredients for the potatoes in the center of a 15"inch piece of heavy duty foil. *Fold the foil over and be sure to fold it so that it seals. You don't want the yummy juices to escape!
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat and place your foil packets on there.
- Be sure you have long tongs to handle them with.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, then flip over and cook approximately 15-20 more minutes on that side.
- Grills vary, so you may need to check and make sure they're cooked to the desired level of doneness.
- Remove from heat and let rest while you cook the steak.
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients, place steak in a large Ziplock bag and pour over the meat.
- Seal well and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. You can take it out earlier, but I love the way the flavor gets into the meat if you leave it overnight)
- Heat your grill to medium high heat.
- Remove steak from marinade and discard the marinade.
- Cook your steak about 5 minutes per side for medium steak. Use a meat thermometer if you want the best results and remove a little bit before desired temperature. It will continue to cook a bit!
- Let rest a few minutes, slice into thin slices and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Place sliced steak over greens, next layer on the potatoes and peppers, top off with cheese and tomatoes.
- Serve with salad dressing of your choice.
- *I like to double wrap mine in foil, folding the edges highly to make a seal each time.
Love salads? check out some more yummy salad recipes: