A creepy, decadent and insanely delicious mini dessert! Rich and creamy chocolate mousse with a splash of edible blood on the top…what’s not to love? Take your Halloween party up a notch by creating an incredibly delicious and elegant ghoulish treat! We served these creepy parfaits at the Haunted Mansion Inspired Tea Party with Printable Crush, and they were the perfect ending to our party. These mini desserts were fun to make and so, so decadent! It was fun to keep our tea party food creepy, but not too gory! Not to say that there isn’t a place for oozing brains, eyeballs or worms for Halloween party food, but we wanted to keep this one scary, but classy!
Gorgeous and creepy!
These yummy parfaits are a mix of white and semi-sweet baking chocolate, just add some black food coloring to achieve that perfect color for a vampire parfait! Make sure to allow time for the chocolate mousse to sit in the fridge for a few hours before you top off these tasty treats with deep red edible blood! Aren’t they just the perfect Halloween dessert? Leave out the black food coloring, and you’ll have a great mini dessert for any time of year! They are still delicious and elegant topped off with some cherry pie filling or fresh raspberries.
Perfect for your Halloween celebration!
Vampires are my favorite creature of the night, and no Halloween is complete in my opinion, without some delicious edible blood! When I spotted the Wilton rose icing decorations I knew they would top off my Vampire Chocolate Mousse Parfaits perfectly! They were a huge hit will tea partiers of all ages!
Special thanks to Hilary Stailey Photography for the great photos!
- 4 oz Ghirardelli Chocolate Baking Bar, White Chocolate; broken into pieces (or any high quality white baking chocolate)
- 4 oz. Ghirardelli Chocolate Baking Bar, Semi-Sweet Chocolate; broken into pieces (or any high quality semi-sweet baking chocolate)
- 1 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs, separated
- Black food coloring ( I used Americolor gel paste food color, Super Black)*
- Wilton rose icing decorations; optional
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-2 Tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tsp. cocoa
- Red food coloring ( I used Americolor gel paste food color, Super Red)
- Place white and semi sweet chocolate pieces in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 15 second intervals until chocolate is nearly melted. (Be careful not to over heat!)
- Stir chocolate until melted and blended.
- Place 1/3 cup heavy cream in a small sauce pan.
- Stir constantly until is almost boils.
- Remove from heat and pour over melted chocolate.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the chocolate mixture for several seconds.
- While the chocolate mixture cools slightly, whisk egg yolks in a separate bowl until they become pale yellow.
- Gently fold in egg yolks and desired amount of food coloring gel into chocolate mixture and place in the refrigerator 7-10 minutes.
- In another bowl, whip the remaining heavy cream just until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold half of the whipped cream into chocolate mixture then fold in the remaining half.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold egg whites into chocolate mixture.
- Divide into your parfaits or dessert cups of your choice.
- Cover tops of cups with plastic wrap and allow to cool in fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Combine light corn syrup, cornstarch, chocolate syrup and cocoa in a small bowl.
- Stir to blend well.
- Add desired amount of red food coloring.
- Fill top of parfait with "blood" and drizzle some on the sides if desired!
- *see link in my post to purchase from Amazon.com
- If you don't need Vampire parfaits, simply leave out the black food coloring and top with berries for a delicious dessert!
You might also like: